Monday, September 12, 2011

Space Marine First Impressions (by Talty)

As you can see Oka has been in a bit of Space Marine frenzy, and me too (sort of) because of all the time we spend together. I thought I would give you my impressions of the Space Marine game from the point of view of an Ork lover.



First, the obvious complain: I WANT TO PLAY AS AN ORK. No Ultramarine, no Blood Raven, no Chaos Marine. ORK ORK ORK ORK. I want to run around yelling "WAAAGH!" and ground those damned "Spaice Marines" with my Big Choppa to pink mist, like they do to my beloved Orks. The multiplayer would benefit so much from adding Orks to the playable characters.

Now that I got that out of my system I'm also a bit disappointed with the representation of the Orks in the campaign mode. I don't like their voices, they sound too human to me and they don't have nearly as many "ughs!" and "aghs!" as they should. Ork zpelin' iz verrrry diztinktyv, and they should have reflected that in the way the Orks talk (or well, yell). I demand more growling!!!

Second, it's also disappointing that the Orks are so... cloned? All the Boyz look pretty much the same, even the Nobz are identical! Fluff-wise, I can't see that happening. I can't imagine the Orks deciding to dress all the same and picking a color scheme. And I know I'm being a bit picky about it, but I don't care! Orks should be Orks!

So well those are my first impressions. I loved a few scenes of the Orks fighting each other or doing Ork stuff. I'll keep cheering for them while Oka plays! GO ORKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment