Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We found another kitty!

I don't know why, but our house is like a cat magnet. Even us seem to attract cats! We've had cats come and look for us. We have many inside jokes about it:
  • There's a cat mafia and the rumor has spread that cats can have a fancy, hedonist life in our house.
  • The house smells of cat food.
  • We smell of cat food.
  • The house smells of fat cat!
Whatever the reason, there's always a new kitty in our life. I carry some cat food wherever I go in case I find a cat (I started it AFTER finding so many cats, so it's not the reason we find so many cats!). Well this morning my mom found a new kitty, this little thing was lost and scared, looking for her home.

Nice to meet you human. Now feed me.

Unlike the other cats we find, this one definitely has a home! She's very well cared, has a collar, and she's even a bit chubby. One of my "Life Goals" is finding a lost pet and find his/her family. Another one is sleeping a night in an Igloo and hug a penguin. I wonder which one I'll achieve first...

She's a Siamese, she's around 10 or 12 weeks old and her eyes are a beautiful light blue! I've never seen such beautiful cold blue eyes... her eyes are so light and she's so little that she can't open them properly when there's too much light, so she looks kinda drowsy. Oka says it makes her look very serious.

I'm a very important business lady. I have no interest in photos.

My Kira had blue eyes too when she was little, but instead of closing them to block some of the light, she kept crashing into things AT FULL SPEED. She was a crazy kitty, and she never changed! She still makes me worry so much... I posted a baby photo of Kira in a past blog.

I demand you give me my pipe cleaner back, or I'll sue you. 

So we printed lots of posters and Oka and I pasted them in transited areas. We gave her some toys, we petted her, and discovered that she's super sweet and playful!! She doesn't scratch or bite the slightest bit, Oka playfully provoked her a little but instead of biting, she kissed him. My heart melted.

We're keeping our fingers crossed. I'm sure her family must be somewhere worrying about her, she's obviously very loved and well cared. I hope we can find her home, meanwhile, I'll hug her some more.

I want that shiny thing you're holding.

She was VERY hard to photograph, as all cats are. But I'm getting better at it.

Until next time dear reader!

1 comment: