Monday, February 7, 2011

Sports Sunday

Yesterday was a great day. Our football team was playing in our city, so we had to go see them! My dad has been a fan of Pumas UNAM since he was 5 years old, and they played against our city's team, Puebla FC. My dad, Oka and I planed it for a week. The game was at 12 pm, but we arrived at around 10:30 am because we wanted to get good seats.

The Cuauhtemoc Stadium. This is what it looked like when we arrived.

It was a beautiful day, not cold nor hot, the sky was blue and the clouds were white. And we had awesome seats!!! I forgot my camera so I couldn't take better photos, but we were close enough to see the players facial expressions, it was incredible!

The stadium filled pretty quickly. The hardcore fans were distributed in each end of the stadium, they brought about 20 drums, trumpets, saxophones... the whole thing! They singed and danced and cheered the whole game, it was crazy! I can't believe they do it every weekend!

Puebla's hardcore fans filled this whole area, and they never stopped dancing!

The best part was that our team won! They almost didn't make it, but we won anyway... the final score was 1-0.

Oka and me during the game. Please don't see the ugly time stamp, I couldn't remove it without chopping off Oka's beautiful cheek.

Outside we found a beautiful Pumas jersey that fitted me perfectly, and my father bought it for me :) he's so sweet! I'll have to take a photo one of these days.

Then we came back home. My mom had prepared delicious home-made pizzas! We take pizzas very seriously and make everything from scratch, they're soooo delicious...! I'll have to make a tutorial next time. They got devoured so quickly that I couldn't take a photo, a shame. I'm trying to make taking photos an habit.

Then we watched the Super Bowl! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, it was a very entertaining Super Bowl. Oka has been a Steeler fan since he was little, and I've been a Cowboy fan since I was just as little... if you're into football, I'm sure that you realized that we have a problem here. We've managed to stay together despite it ;)

I was torn from the moment the Steelers advanced to the Super Bowl. I wanted Oka to be happy if his team won, but I didn't want them to win in the Cowboy's sacred temple and I didn't want them to get their 7th ring (thus getting 2 titles ahead of the Cowboys). 

I ate some more pizza and Oka prepared a "Rotisburger" in "Rotis" honor. I'm aware that this is the incorrect spelling, but "Rotis" is the pet-name Oka uses for Roethlisberger and I find it cute :)

Anyway, the Steelers lost and balance has returned to my universe. Oka is over it and, for some reason, I've always liked Rodgers and I'm happy that the Packers won. Congratulations to all the fans!

Happy week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment