Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oka is a happy boy


I don't know why Oka wanted me to write this blog post instead of him. He says that he likes the way I write, I think he is just lazy. 

What I want to share today is the fulfillment of Oka's wildest dreams. Since he read the first things about a certain "Warhammer" game, and started researching it every night instead of doing his homework, this image has been forming in his brain. I KNOW IT, I was there the whole time during his daily "I want this model, and this model, and this model, and this model...".


Used a blanket as background. We are a professional photographer, precious!!

He finally has about everything he needs, or at least for now. Christmas and his birthday were a HUGE help! Let's review each thing:


The LOTR has the best terrains!

Ruins of Osgiliath terrain. The moment I saw this, I fell in love! It's my favorite terrain ever, it will be a great addition to our game. I've been showing it off to everyone I can, Oka made a great pick.

Tilted the second box so it looks more interesting, precious!!

Two Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard boxes. Actually, he got the first one around October, and the second one for his birthday in February. When he got the first box, we spent the whole night just admiring the models, all the detail, all the symbols, all their beauty... then we started to make silly jokes about them, I can't even remember most of them now, and they're too long to explain. Maybe I'll share them some other time, but we had a lot of fun.

I like the front image so much, I think I'll have to frame it!

A Blood Angels Battleforce!!! Oka talked about this battleforce so much, I think even I had dreams about it. Well it was worth it, it's beautiful, it has way more pieces than I expected! Oh I'm sure we'll have so much fun with this fat baby, I can't believe it even includes spare purity seals... amazing!

 I got nothing funny to write here :(

February 2011 White Dwarf. I feel like I should be jealous of this magazine, because lately Oka spends more time looking at it than looking at me*! Then again, I can't blame him, it has some really pretty photos and great articles... oh, and it's about the Blood Angels. I hope that by now, you all noticed that Oka is absolutely obsessed with them.

Why must all fun things be so expensive? Metal models are the best example for this rule.

Lemartes and Dante.  I have to admit, I was really excited about getting these models, even if they weren't for me... Lemartes history is just amazing, and both models are extremely detailed and just perfect. Hmmm... it will be fun to smash them with my orcs.

After all the previous photos, this looks a bit lame.

And finally, gold paint for his Sanguinary Guard and a Mega-Dice. One of the first things I learned about Oka, back in his days of playing RPG, was that he's a dice geek. Notice how he stores the dices, and you'll understand.

Well that's it for now. Oka is now very lovingly painting each model, I'll poke him until he submits some photos of the two he's finished so far, they're by far the most beautiful things he's ever done!

Love,
Talty

*I'm actually joking, but I wanted to tease Oka a bit. He makes the cutest faces when I tease him.

1 comment:

  1. Im not JUST lazy, i do like how you write!
    and yeah, im getting more excited about the blood angels every day :P with every trace of paint i lay on the models im thinking about all thats behind em.

    ReplyDelete