Monday, April 18, 2011

Starry Sky Nail Art

The people around me may have already noticed that for the past few months, I've been quite passionate about nail art. It's like doing a work of art in a canvas I can take around! It always gets noticed, so I don't feel like I'm showing off... and in a few days, I can make a new one! It allows me to play, have fun, and be creative.

The only sad part is that I'm very limited to the brands of nail polish I can use. Since December I'm only using cruelty free and vegan products, and the only brand I've found in Mexico that meets these requirements is Wet n Wild's nail polishes. To make matters even worst, I can only buy them in one store!

Anyway, leaving that aside... I haven't posted any photos of the nail arts I've done because I don't think I'm good enough yet, but this one has a really cute story that I wanted to write down and share!

Yesterday I applied this dark blue nail polish and went to show the color to Oka. He saw it and said "you know, I think that would look very pretty with stars, like a starry sky". I loved the idea, and next thing I knew, Oka was softly holding my hand and painting little stars in my nails. He had offered to help me, and I felt like a princess!

That made me fall in love with him all over again. Almost daily he makes something that makes me say "wow, he's really awesome! I love him so much!". The best part is that it's never on purpose, it's always little, thoughtful things.

(is it just me, or that was a bit too cheesy?)

Anyway, here's the final result. It's one of my favorite nail arts.

Used Blue Moon as base coat, white acrylic paint for the little stars, and stamped the big stars with one of  Bundle Monster's discs.

Anyway, I hope you'll like it :)
Talty

5 comments:

  1. That´s not cheesy!!!! that´s pure love!!!!
    I love you both!!! and those nails are perfect! just like you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for everything sweetie!!! You are the best :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazme unos cupcakes en las uñas :D!! (soy Deko Sweet btw LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Deko Sweet! :D Desde hace rato tengo ganas de hacer cupcakes, yo creo que lo intentare! :D

    ReplyDelete