Saturday, January 14, 2012

Verrückt - Eisbrecher (Lyrics and English Translation by Talty)

Verrückt by Eisbrecher is my favorite song of the moment. I've been trying to find a translation since it came out, but I couldn't find any for a couple of weeks. Then I found one but it was BAD, BAD, BAD... seriously, so bad it made me tear a bit. Oka suggested me to make a translation myself, and I saw it as a good way to practice my German. After I made the translation I thought I could share it so no one else has to endure what I endured.

Verrückt (Crazy or Insane) is the first single of Eisbrecher's fifth album, Die Hölle muss warten (The hell must wait). It's scheduled for February 3rd and I can hardly contain my excitement! It's available in Amazon and I suppose it will be available in Itunes when it's released.

Verrückt (Crazy) - Eisbrecher

Lyrics by Eisbrecher, Translation by Talty

Please credit me if you use my translation.
Du sagst ich bin anders
ich sag du hast Recht.
Du sagst dir gehts prächtig
das heisst dir gehts schlecht.
Ich bin unersättlich
krieg niemals genug
fass ein deine Wunden
und schüre die Glut.
You say I’m different
I say you’re correct.
You say you’re doing great
that means you’re not.
I’m insatiable
I never have enough
bind your wounds
and stoke the embers.*
Es ist angerichtet
es ist mir ein Fest.
ich leck deine Lippen
weil du mir schmeckst.
und bin ich dir peinlich?
mach ich dir Angst?
Wer ist normal hier,
und wer ist hier krank?
Dinner is served
it’s a feast for me.
I lick your lips
because I like your taste.
Am I embarrassing you?
Am I scaring you?
Who here is normal,
and who here is sick?
Die Entscheidung ist gefallen,
die Ladung in mir tickt.
Nichts wird mehr wie früher sein
zum Glück bin ich verrückt.
The decision has been taken,
The burden ticks in me.
Nothing will ever be like before,
Luckily, I’m crazy.
Ich bin auf Bewährung.
Nein, gut bin ich nicht.
Dein hässlicher Bruder
ein Schlag ins Gesicht.
Du sagst ich bedroh dich
bin neben der Spur.
Du glaubst ich versteh dich
ich quäl’ dich doch nur.
I’m on probation.
No, I’m not good.
I’m your ugly brother
I’m a hit in the face.
You say I threaten you
I’m out of myself.**
You believe I understand you
but I’m only torturing you.
Ich habe keine ahnung.
Eerinnere mich nicht.
Plädiere auf freispruch.
Ich bin nicht ganz dicht.
Du sagst ich bin peinlich,
sag, mach ich dir angst?
was ist schon normal hier
und wer ist hier,
und wer ist hier krank!?
I have no notion.
I don’t remember.
I plead innocence.
I’m not completely drunk.***
You say I’m embarrassing,
Say, do I scare you?
What’s already normal here,
and who here,
and who here is crazy!?
Die Entscheidung ist gefallen,
die Ladung in mir tickt
nichts wird mehr wie früher sein
zum Glück bin ich verrückt.
The decision has been taken,
The burden ticks in me.
Nothing will ever be like before,
Luckily, I’m crazy.
Zum Glück bin ich verrückt
Verrückt!
Luckily, I’m crazy.
Crazy!

*”Schüre die Glut” translates to “stoke the embers”, but I prefer to translate it as “fuel the fire” because I think it’s easier to understand. But maybe that’s just me.
**”Neben der Spur sein” translates literally to “I’m close the tracks” but it’s a colloquial form for saying someone is lunatic (“Out of it”).
*** “Dicht” means dense, but is also slang for drunk.

Here's the video in their official YouTube :) I love the video too!

1 comment:

  1. As a German I might have a few suggestions for your translation... :

    das heisst dir gehts schlecht - which means you're doing miserable/bad
    just to have it actually translated not only the general meaning

    Es ist angerichtet - It is served

    und bin ich dir peinlich - and am I embarrassing you?
    the and connects this part directly to the previous line

    und wer ist hier krank? - "krank" can mean beeing sick (healty/ here: mentally) so maybe theres a better clearer word for it in english I don't know

    Die Ladung in mir tickt - The charge in me is ticking

    Nein, gut bin ich nicht. - No, ok I'm not
    This one is definetly something you should change as "Nein, gut" here means something like "No, just kidding"!

    Dein hässlicher Bruder - Your ugly brother
    ein Schlag ins Gesicht. - A punch in the face
    Another part you must change!

    Ich bin nicht ganz dicht.
    This means he's kind of out of his mind... His mind is not clear... something along thos lines!

    Those are a few things I found beeing not quite correct... I hope someone else will chack this again as I'm sure there are still minor issues I haven't figured out so far!

    ReplyDelete